4 garlic cloves
1 inch chunk of ginger (1 tsp grated)
12(ish) cherry tomatoes
2 tsp Goan Curry Powder
1 tsp tomato puree
200ml coconut milk
2 pieces of salmon
salt, sugar and lemon to taste
1. Heat your oven to 180c fan and roast the cherry tomatoes with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of neutral oil for 15 minutes or until they start to burst. Set aside.
2. Finely dice the onion and grate the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat up a tbsp of coconut or vegetable oil in a saucepan and put your onions into the pan with a pinch of salt. Turn the heat down to a low to medium heat and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds. Add 2 tsp of Goan Curry Powder, 1 tsp of tomato puree and the roasted cherry tomatoes.
4. Add 200ml of recently boiled water and stir so that everything is combined together. Bring the sauce up to boil and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk to the sauce and stir. Season with salt (a decent pinch), sugar (1/2 tsp-1 tsp) and a squeeze of lemon. Taste and adjust to your preference. Allow the sauce to simmer for 5-7 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
5. Add the salmon pieces to the curry and simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked through, preferably with a lid on to prevent the sauce from over thickening. Serve with basmati rice and enjoy! For maximum flavour, make the curry sauce a few hours in advance or ideally the day before, and reheat with a splash of water, before adding the fish.